(C3Handling Data & Measures)
1. Sortobjects making choices and justifying decisions
I cansort objects saying how/ why I have sorted them
2. Describesolutions to practical problems, drawing on experience, talkingabout their own ideas, methods and choices
I cantell you how I solved a problem, telling you my ideas
3.Uselanguage such as greater, smaller, heavier or lighter tocompare quantities MD3a
I cancompare quantities.
4.Useeveryday language related to time; order and sequence familiarevents and measure short periods of time
I canuse words to talk about time.
I canput events in order and measure time
5.Sort familiar objects to identify their similarities anddifferences.
I cansort out objects, saying how they are thesame/different.
6.Count how many objects share a particular property, presentingresults using pictures, drawings or numerals
I cancount how many objects are the same & show what I found out usingpictures or numbers
problem, question,explain, predict, pattern, collect, organise, compare, order, sort,group, same, different, property, represent, interpret, count,tally, vote, measure, weigh, guess
information, graph,block graph, pictogram, diagram, list, table, label, title
zero, one, two, three,, twenty; first, second, third, ; more/less, most/least,most/least popular, most/least common, about the same as, enough,not enough, too much, too little, too many, too few, nearly,roughly, about, close to, just over, just under, half way
how many ?,how many more is than ?, how much more is ?, how many fewer is than ?, how much less is ?
unit, ruler, metrestick, tape measure, balance, scales, container, measuring jug,capacity, weight, length, width, height, depth, size, long, short,tall, high, low, wide, narrow, deep, shallow, thick, thin, andcomparatives such as longer/longest, heavier/heaviest, holdsmore/holds most
(D3Calculating, Measuring & Understanding Shape)
1. Usedeveloping mathematical ideas and methods to solve practicalproblems MD 1d/ 3e
I canuse maths to help sort a problem.
2. Countreliably up to 10 everyday objects MD 1c
I cancount up to 10 objects.
3. Estimatehow many objects they can see and check by counting
I canestimate and check how many in a set
4. Countaloud in ones, twos, fives or tens
I cancount in 2s/5s and 10s
5. Uselanguage such as circle or bigger to describe the shape andsize of solids and flat shapes. MD 3c
I cantalk about and describe the shape & size of flat & solidshapes
6. Useeveryday words to describe position. MD 3c
I canuse the correct words to talk about an objectsposition
problem,method, number sentence, explain, record, compare, order, measure,weigh
count, guess, estimate, roughly,enough, not enough, too much, too little, too many, too few, more,less, the same number as, equals (=), add, plus (+), sum, total,altogether, subtract, minus (), take away, difference, double,halve, half, quarter, how many ?, how much ?
position, direction,grid, outside, inside, beside, next to, front, back, between,centre, underneath, above, on top of, below, halfway, near, far,whole turn, half turn, quarter turn, right, left
1. Describesolutions to practical problems, drawing on experience, talkingabout their own ideas, methods and choices MD 1d,3e
I canfind out the answers to problems talking about my ideas and waysof working out the problem
2. Findone more or less than a number from 1 to 10 MD 2c
I canfind 1 more or 1 less than a number up to 10
3. Selecttwo groups of objects to make a given total of objects
I canuse 2 groups of objects to make a set of a certainnumber
4. Beginto relate addition to combining two groups of objects andsubtraction to taking away MD 2d
I knowadding is about finding out how many altogether.
I knowsubtracting is about taking away.
5. Inpractical activities and discussion begin to use the vocabularyinvolved in adding and subtracting MD 2a
I canuse correct words about adding & taking away
6. Countrepeated groups of the same size
I cancount in gps of the same size
7. Shareobjects into equal groups and count how many in each group
I canshare objects into gps of the same size
8. Countaloud in ones, twos, fives, or tens
I cancount in 2s/ 5s/ 10s
problem, solution,calculate, calculation, number sentence, answer, method, explain,pattern, order
count, count up to,count on from, count on to, count in ones, twos, fives, tens, odd,even
compare, more, less,how many more/less?
add, subtract, double,group, groups of, share, sum, total, altogether, difference, plus(+), minus (), equals (=)
fraction, half,halfway between, halve, quarter, whole